There’s a new way to rank higher without utilizing Amazon Sponsored Ads, whether you’re a brand owner or a private-label seller. It’s through an Amazon tool called “Editorial Recommendations.”
Amazon Editorial Recommendations consists of short articles written by a network of Amazon-approved publishers and third-party content creators, such as bloggers and influencers.
Not only can Editorial Recommendations boost your brand’s perceived validity and worth, but it also gives it a prominent spot on the results page.
Today, we’ll solve this Amazon puzzle and answer all of your burning questions, such as how to acquire an editorial recommendation for your product on Amazon’s page.
What Is Amazon Editorial Recommendations?
When someone searches for one of your product’s keywords on Amazon, Editorial Recommendations puts an article written by a professional publisher about your product on the first page of search results. It is not the same as organic or PPC-sponsored listings.
To put it another way, editorial recommendations are linked to specific keywords in your listing.
The editorial recommendation will highlight a distinguishing feature of your product. “Best Overall,” “Best Budget,” and “Best for Work,” for example. When shoppers click “Read full article,” they can read the entire review.
What your editorial recommendation isn’t:
- Your listing isn’t appearing naturally.
- Your listing isn’t appearing as promoted.
- Your listing isn’t appearing as a brand ad.
However, this also means your product might show four times on the search results page — as an organic listing, a sponsored listing, a brand ad, and an editorial suggestion. Your listing will convert better if you give it more real estate.
Where Do Amazon Editorial Recommendations Appear?
The best part about editorial recommendations is that they appear on the first page of the search results. As a result, regardless of your Amazon Product Ranking, you have a chance to be on page one. Even if your organic ranking finds you on page three or four, an editorial recommendation will propel your product to the top of the class.
When you type a search query into Amazon, you’ll notice that “Editorial Recommendations” appear on the first page.
These suggestions are usually found underneath sponsored items and above or below Amazon’s Choice items.
When the buyer clicks on “read full article” within the section, they can read the entire article authored by the Onsite Associate on the relevant products to their search.
Which Sellers Can Benefit Most from Amazon Editorial Recommendations?
If you’re new to Amazon, you may want to wait a little. This program is designed for those who have been selling for a long time and are established sellers with products on the best-selling list and those who have a proven track record and a high review count.
However, if you’re a newcomer on Amazon and want to get started with Amazon Editorial Recommendations, you must meet the following criteria:
- You should be making $30,000 in sales every month.
- You require a minimum of 100 reviews with a 4-star rating.
- Your product should be in the top 20% of Amazon’s Best Seller Ranking list for a specific category.
- There should be no medical claims on the product offering.
- Your product must have an ample supply of inventory.
- You’ve not included possibly objectionable words, such as those that are anti-religious, in the listing.
As a result, Amazon Editorial Recommendations is ideal for companies that sell successfully on Amazon and want to optimize and cut their ad budget while maintaining high visibility.
What Are the Direct Benefits of Using Amazon Editorial Recommendations?
Amazon Editorial Recommendations provides value in the following manner:
- Editorial Recommendations helps an ASIN’s overall performance by improving:
- Conversion rates and organic rankings
- Search engine optimization (SEO) for Google and other search engines
- PPC campaign results on the bottom line
- The editorial recommendations are bigger than most sponsored advertising, and just looking at them makes shoppers stop and think about a brand’s listing.
- Because editorial recommendations take up significantly more visible real estate within the search results, they are a highly effective approach to direct more customers to your listing against your competitors’.
- They enable you to profit from highly relevant keywords. For example, to locate the most profitable terms, use a reliable Amazon keyword research tool.
As a result, Amazon Editorial Recommendations provides almost all the benefits of interest to various consumer personas, making it easier for them to reach the buy conclusion.
How Long Are Amazon Editorial Recommendations Visible?
On Amazon, an editorial recommendation links to keywords. It works in the same way that sponsored product adverts do. Each category’s articles are rotated, especially for recommendations containing competitive keywords.
As a result, some clients will notice your suggestion while others will not. It is entirely dependent on the search term users enter into the search bar.
How Does Amazon Editorial Recommendations Work?
This functionality is available as a supplement to the Amazon Onsite Associate Program. It is part of Amazon’s affiliate network, which provides material connected to brands and third-party products on Amazon. It’s pretty helpful to capture buyers’ attention while they’re researching and discovering products.
The brief description of your product can be used to promote and mark it as the “best” product in the category, making it more visible to buyers when they “search on Amazon.”
As a result, rather than marketing things as affiliates, bloggers and influencers can now review and recommend products directly on Amazon.
However, not everyone is eligible to write an Amazon editorial recommendation; only Amazon invites publishers to do so.
As a result, whenever a buyer purchases something through the link on the editorial recommendation on Amazon, the publisher receives a commission.
Any content published on these Amazon editorial recommendations is not affected by Amazon, making it more trustworthy and legit for shoppers. In actuality, the content is syndicated from the content creators’ websites who have been invited to participate in this initiative.
“The views and opinions expressed in the content are those of the content creator, not Amazon,” according to Amazon. “Amazon does not influence which products are mentioned within the content.”
Here’s a step-by-step breakdown of how the Amazon Editorial Recommendations Program works.
1. Your ASIN Reaches the Publishing House
Your ASIN is sent to the publishing house by an agency. They write the article, and Amazon hosts it.
The publishing house manages a large group of publishers. One of them will write your article.
The editorial endorsement always includes the phrase “By [Publisher].” One of the publishers in the large group is Paw Tracks, for instance. And no, you won’t be able to get Editorial Recommendations from Paw Tracks or Amazon. Likewise, you won’t be able to acquire an editorial suggestion on Amazon all by yourself.
2. The Publisher Posts the Article on its Website
The publisher may post the article on its website. Google could also index and rank the article about your product.
There are no links on the editorial recommendation that will take the shopper away from Amazon.com.
The primary goal of the piece is to promote the editorial suggestion affiliate program. For publishers, including Editorial Recommendations on their website is essentially a bonus.
3. The Publisher Promotes Your Products to Rank for Keywords
The publisher promotes up to four products. Your product’s article will rank for a few keywords from your listing.
By default, three products will appear in Amazon search results. Customers can read the full article or click the arrow toggle to see the fourth product. So naturally, you desperately want to be one of the top three editorial picks.
However, this does not imply that the article will appear every time a customer types in a keyword. It’s difficult to predict whether or not editorial recommendations will appear on Amazon. It doesn’t mean that editorial recommendations don’t exist just because you don’t see them when you search for a keyword.
Amazon is looking for editorial recommendations for as many keywords as possible. This opens up a lot of doors for you.
4. The Publisher Gets Paid
How are publishers compensated?
Amazon’s Onsite Associates Network, an extension of its affiliate program, allows publishers to earn money from their website.
When a customer buys a product recommended in an editorial suggestion, the publisher (such as Paw Tracks) receives a tiny percentage of the sale. As a result, the publisher has an incentive to make your product sound fantastic.
How Can You Get Amazon Editorial Recommendations to Appear On Top of Search Results & Boost Your Sales Revenue?
By now, it must be clear to you why you need Amazon Editorial Recommendations as a seller.
- Editorial recommendations are a great way to get a lot of sales at a low cost.
- A respected publication gives your product a crucial outside validation.
- Editorial recommendations designate your product as one of the “best” in its category.
It’s critical to have an internal public relations staff or a PR firm that can lobby on your behalf to Amazon Onsite Associates publications to get your product mentioned in an editorial recommendation. In addition, you’ll also be maintaining communication with your media connections and informing them about new items, seasonal products and future launches.
While satisfying Amazon’s criteria is beneficial, we strongly advise brands to partner with a public relations agency like ours. Brands can obtain access to Amazon Onsite Associates through the use of a PR agency. This removes the risk of relying on the possibility that a product will receive an editorial review on its own.
Resources Related to “The Complete Guide to Amazon Editorial Recommendations & How Sellers Can Benefit”:
- Amazon Best Seller Ranking: https://datahawk.co/market/amazon-bsr-browser
- Trusted Amazon Keyword Research tool: https://datahawk.co/market/amazon-bsr-browser
- Amazon Onsite Associate Program: https://www.amazon.com/ospublishing/onsite-associates/info?cv_ct_id=amzn1.osa.9f1a72b6-14f7-4194-8256-e5fb5d6f1b32.ATVPDKIKX0DER.en_US&cv_ct_pg=search&cv_ct_wn=osp-single-source-gl-ranking&cv_ct_we=disclaime
- We at prREACH are your best bet at landing a well-crafted Amazon editorial recommendation to get your product to the top of the search results page. Check out our super-effective Amazon ER service here: http://er.prreach.com/amazon-editorial-recommendations
To get your very own Amazon Editorial Recommendation and boost visibility and sales, apply here now: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfifZxxk4qrkUMvex1ZisBRKHhRpQItrjtNnRGGQuK_O-6bWw/viewform