InfoSeptember 29, 2016 · Environmental Services
TOP OF THE GREEN: SUDSIES NAMED NUMBER ONE ECO-FRIENDLY DRY CLEANER IN FLORIDA
Sudsies has been named the number one Eco-friendly dry cleaner in the state of Florida by the prestigious Green Cleaner Council.Press Release VideoLoading the player...Details(prREACH)
Sudsies has officially taken the title of top eco-friendly dry cleaner in the state of Florida, as designated by the Green Cleaner Council. Specifically, the South Florida luxury dry cleaner obtained a 4.5 “leaf” rating of a scale of 5. The ranking is based on in-depth review and analysis of Sudsies’ two facilities by the third party organization.
Sudsies first became a member of the Green Cleaners Council in 2009. Affiliation is hard earned, as the council asserts that “not just any business can attach themselves to these trending [green] buzzwords for profit without actually being able to provide how their business earned those labels.” Each applicant is reviewed blindly in both name and location of organization and judged on criteria that exceeds regulatory requirements.
“Since the day Sudsies became a member, the company has been very serious about taking the steps necessary to excel as a true green organization,” says Ann Hargrove, who sits on the council. “Every detail has been thought out in the Sudsies transformation and they are genuine in their efforts to make a difference.”
Core programs under Sudsies’ environmentally-friendly mission include:
- Wetcleaning Capabilities: Considered the greenest eco-friendly professional cleaning process, wetcleaning is the primary cleaning method at both facilities. It enables the most effective results with minimal and gentle resources.
- The Right Solutions: Sudsies uses solvents are of DF-2000™, a hydrocarbon fluid. Free of harmful chemicals such as perchloroethylene, or perc, DF-2000 is safe for the environment and cleaning technicians. Some other benefits of DF-2000 include: can be used on sensitive fabrics and trims; aids in the removal of oil, grease, and water soluble soil; is essentially odorless; is compatible with fabric finishes to help maintain and restore garment shape.
- Recycling Programs: Sudsies hangers derived from recyclable materials. Due to their quality, many clients prefer to reuse them in their own closets; however, extra items can be picked up via valet bag and recycled back into the program. The cleaner also uses biodegradable plastics for packaging.
- Equipment Investment: Equipment is state-of-the-art from a cleaning perspective, but also from a low water usage standpoint.
- Training: The Sudsies team is continually sent to continuing education and training programs that emphasize the latest techniques and practices to maximize green equipment, as well as introduce brand new ones.
- Out and About: Sudsies pick-up and delivery fleet has a carpool effect by picking up several orders from singular locations and neighborhoods.
- Around the House: Subtle, yet impactful, green elements can be found around every corner, from light detectors that adapt when rooms are not in use, energy-efficient LED bulbs, low-water usage plumbing, and more.
Sudsies is continually installing new additions to edge its green program up to the perfect five rating. The company is considered among South Florida’s premium dry cleaners for its top product knowledge and offerings; professional, friendly service; and customer convenience via complimentary pick-up and delivery across Miami-Dade and Broward counties, as well as an Express Mail service to anywhere within the United States. In addition to eco-friendly wet and dry cleaning, laundry and alterations, Sudsies specializes in care for and the restoration of designer label, couture, vintage, and other delicate items. More information about Sudsies and its services can be found at its newly updated website, www.sudsies.com, or by phoning 305-864-3279.
About Sudsies Dry Cleaners & Laundry Miami Beach-based Sudsies is full-service dry cleaning company dedicated to clean clothes, clean service and a clean environment. An industry pioneer for South Florida home pick-up and delivery services, the Sudsies fleet of bubbly, blue and yellow vans offer prompt service to every nook and corner across the tri-county area, while a team of highly-trained specialists care for garments and customers with a smile. The vast range of services includes ecological dry cleaning and laundry processes, alterations and tailoring, clothing restoration, bridal gown storage or alteration and knowledge of specialty items such as couture garments. At Sudsies, customers look and feel their best, while sister company Rugsies Carpet & Drapery ensures customers live in their best with on-site home or office cleaning for carpets, drapes furniture and other home items. For more information about Sudsies, please call 305-864-3279 or visit www.sudsies.com.
About the Green Cleaners Council Green Cleaners Council membership review committee consists of a cross-section of disciplines to ensure all aspects of environmental sustainability are considered. Representatives include dry cleaning customers, environmental engineers, waste management experts, attorneys and the National Cleaners Association. To learn more about the Council’s rating system and requirements, feel free to visit its official website at www.greencleanerscouncil.com.VideoLinksQuotes“The environment is a huge component of our ‘care’ trifecta, alongside our customers and their clothing. Our involvement with the Green Cleaners Council has exposed us to much knowledge and many benchmarks to further our mission to maximize our effectiveness as an environmentally-mindful business.”ImagesContact
305-864-9003Follow UsVisit Site