Multi-award winning company, Kiddimoto, has recently outlined the benefits of its balance bikes for kids as an effective way to teach children how to ride a bike. The company offers a range of balance bikes and bike-related accessories for children. Continue reading
Wells, Somerset, Nov 11, 2020 /prREACH/ -- Kiddimoto is making learning to ride a bike easy and fun with its balance bikes for kids. As the UK's original balance bike company, Kiddimoto has perfected the balance bike design, offering an incredibly easy-to-ride bike that eventually teaches the balance needed to progress to pedal bikes. The brand's balance bikes are suitable for children as young as 18 months old.
Learn more about Kiddimoto by visiting www.kiddimoto.co.uk.
Having gained popularity since the early 2000s, balance bikes have become a preferred way to teach a child how to ride a bike. Balance bikes look almost identical to a normal bike, just without pedals or a drivetrain. Instead of pedaling as a child would on a regular bike, children propel themselves by pushing their feet along the ground. While the ideal age to start learning to cycle is between 18 months and 2.5 years old, Kiddimoto produces balance bikes for a range of ages.
The company outlines a list of reasons to skip the training wheels and start a child's lifelong bike-riding journey with a balance bike.
- Easy to use. Children learning to use a balance bike need only focus on balance, making the whole riding process a lot easier. Since children use their feet to stop, steer and turn around, balance bikes offer more control and confidence.
- Builds strength and coordination. The bike design encourages children to use their arms and lift their legs when coasting, building strength and fine-tune motor skills and coordination.
- Safer than training wheels. Tricycles are often slow, hard to maneuver and prone to tipping over. When using training wheels, the focus is on pedaling, not balance, which makes riding on uneven surfaces challenging. Falls on a balance bike are typically less severe, as the seat is much closer to the ground than a regular bike.
- Adds an element of fun to exercise. Balance bikes offer a sense of accomplishment and independence much sooner than a regular bike. This can encourage children to want to participate in bike riding activities, setting them up for a healthy, active lifestyle.
- Convenient for parents. A compact design makes transport easy in vehicles, and the lightweight frame makes carrying the bike effortless should the child tire of riding.
- Cost-effective. Balance bikes eliminate the need for a tricycle and a bike equipped with training wheels. Kiddimito also provides a range of child-themed bicycle bells at affordable prices.
- Accelerates transition to a regular bike. Children who learn to ride on a balance bike generally learn to use a pedal bike independently at a younger age than those who use training wheels.
A senior spokesperson for the brand says, "We produce a wide range of award-winning balance bikes, ride-ons and matching accessories from our headquarters in Somerset, UK." Such accessories include kids bike helmets, bells and gloves.
In 2011, Kiddimoto became famous for its appearance on the TV show, "Dragons' Den," where the company successfully secured a joint offer from two investors. The company has been a recipient of the MOMO Award, the Queen's Award for Enterprise, the Business of the Year Award, Amazon's Choice Award and the Toy of the Year Award.
One of Kiddimoto's most popular and affordable designs is the Super Junior. The lightweight steel frame is durable and weighs in at only 3.3 kilograms. It also features an adjustable seat and handlebars, as well as puncture-proof tires.
For additional information about Kiddimoto and to view its full range of bike accessories, from kids cycling gloves to bells, please visit the brand's official website or its company Facebook page.