The “Lunch With Norm” blog has recently published a detailed article from Amazon consultant Jon Elder. In this insightful post, Elder discusses the techniques of writing an Alibaba RFQ that delivers maximum results. Continue reading
Fort Lauderdale, FL, Jul 05, 2021 /prREACH/ -- The "Lunch With Norm" blog continues to impress followers with informative articles written by distinguished online business experts. Amazon consultant Jon Elder shared how to write an Alibaba RFQ for maximum results in the post on the blog. Along with the "Lunch With Norm podcast, the blog is a helpful resource from seasoned entrepreneur and mentor Norman Farrar for those interested in e-commerce and business.
To find out more about this podcast, please visit https://podcasts.apple.com/ca/podcast/lunch-with-norm/id1525564513.
Alibaba RFQ is a facility for posting buying requests. RFQ stands for Request for Quotation. This effective sourcing method involves writing a formal RFQ letter reaching out to the entire Alibaba factory network. Jon Elder advises that most sellers fail to use the RFQ process correctly. Moreover, writing a proper introduction is vital to a successful RFQ, he says. Elder shares the following tips for writing an RFQ intro:
- The business should be presented as an established organization with a widespread internal network.
- A fictitious company name should be used.
- Sellers must not reference themselves as small, independent business owners.
- Sellers should convey that they are only interested in top factories and have no time to waste.
- Describe the product and list all important specific details.
- Instead of sketches, include 3D drawings.
- Mention the product certifications/testing reports that the factory needs to comply with.
- As far as the shipping terms are concerned, always request EXW.
- Include the target test order quantity.
- Mention that the business is only looking for factories and is not interested in trading companies.
- Request pricing for 500 units, 1,000 units, 2,500 units, 5,000 units, and 10,000 units.
- Pricing should include product packaging, label printing and cartons.
“As you can see, writing a proper RFQ is not rocket science; however, there is a right way to write one. The big takeaway is to write as if you are part of a large organization. Foreign factories are analyzing your text as much as you are analyzing their responses. I hope this guide points you in the right direction and brings some quality factories your way, and reduces your anxiety a bit for the sourcing process,” Elder stated.
The entire article is available at https://lunchwithnorm.com/2021/06/22/write-alibaba-rfq-for-maximum-results/.
For more business tips related to Amazon, please visit the "Lunch With Norm" blog and tune in to the podcast.
About Norman Farrar
Entrepreneur and businessman Norman "The Beard Guy" Farrar stands at the forefront of the economic mega-machine known as Amazon Marketplace. As a leading expert with over 25 years of product sourcing, development, and branding expertise, Norm is an advisor to many and an inspiration to all.
Throughout his career, he has worked with big brands including Mercedes-Benz, Coca-Cola, Dell, Microsoft, Target, Hershey, 20th Century Fox, Molson's, Cadbury and a wide variety of emerging businesses that are celebrating sudden escalation in profitability and sales as a result of taking action on his advice and proven methods.
https://www.normanfarrar.com | https://www.facebook.com/whoisthebeardguy | https://www.instagram.com/normfarrar | https://www.twitter.com/normfarrarJR | https://www.linkedin.com/in/normanfarrar/ | https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHyNHknIKLu98jNtgon13SA | https://www.pinterest.ca/officialnormanfarrar/ | https://www.tiktok.com/@normanfarrar/
About Jon Elder
Jon Elder is a full-time consultant helping other Amazon sellers achieve the same success he had at Black Label Advisor. He has a passion for helping other Amazon sellers get over the inevitable bumps in the road. At Black Label Advisor, he hand-selects his clients and pours into them and shares all the knowledge he gained over the years.
https://www.blacklabeladvisor.com/ | https://twitter.com/bl_advisor | https://www.facebook.com/blacklabeladvisor | https://www.linkedin.com/company/black-label-advisor/